Thursday, December 28, 2017

Winter Wishes...

Hello, hello!

Ah, it's good to be back after this little break for the holiday. As busy as I've been with both work and play it was nice being able to ease back into coloring and card making with an image that I had already colored up. Back at the beginning of the month Some Odd Girl ran a 12 Days of Coloring challenge in their Facebook group and I had a blast playing along. One of the images got made into a Christmas card so now I have eleven other colored images ready to go on cards in the coming year. This gorgeous Winter Spirit digi is one of them and with the below freezing temps we are currently 'enjoying' in my neck of the woods, I thought getting her on a card now would be quite appropriate. I had a lot of fun coloring her up in cool, icy hues and even gave her skin tone a bluish cast. I decided to also color in a frozen winter meadow below her and added a trail of snowflakes beneath her using the Fairy Dust stamp from Neat and Tangled to give the appearance that she is flying over the land spreading winter's icy touch. I think it all came together to create a lovely winter card. :)

Ok, see ya tomorrow!

  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Winter Spirit)
stamps- Papertrey Ink (sentiment and birch background), Neat and Tangled (Fairy Dust)
ink- Papertrey Ink stormy sea, Studio Calico glass slipper
Pretty Pink Posh sequins
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, BV000, BG90, BG10, BV00, BV0000, BV02
eyes- BG000, BG34, BG49
hair- BG93, BG72, BG11, BG75
dress/crown- BG000, BG01, C2
background- BV0000, BV000, BV00, B0000, Y0000, Y000, W2, W4

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!!! This looks sooo very Amazing!!!!! Love the scene behind her too!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Awesome job Amy. I live how you added a touch of purple to her skin, it really brings out the cold. Hugs.