Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Yappy Christmas...

Hello, again! 

I’m back this week with my final post as a Guest Designer for My Favorite Things. I just want to thank them again for inviting me to play this past month, I've loved every minute! I have to tell you that I've saved my most favorite stamp set for last... BB Happy Pawlidays. Not only do I have my own canine companion, whom I adore, but I also work with dogs everyday for my job and I love it. So when I saw this stamp set I knew that it would be perfect for my client Christmas cards!
For my card today I cut two different stitched panels, the larger one using the A2 stitched rectangle stax set one and the smaller from set 2. On the smaller panel I stamped the cute pup with the Santa hat off to the side, giving him the appearance of peeking into the scene. Next I grabbed the Drifts & Hills Stencil and sponged blue ink above it to create the evening sky. The trees were sketched in using a Copic marker and falling snow with a white gel pen. I finished off the card with a mix of Sparkling Clear sequins scattered about. I really like the small pops of vibrant color against all of that white space. Now if you head on over to the MFT blog you will also find two more bonus cards that I made using this super cute stamp set!

See ya in 24!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
stamps- My Favorite Things (BB Happy Pawlidays)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Hero Arts ocean ombre
My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax set 1
My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax set 2
My Favorite Things Drifts & Hills stencil
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
pup- E30, E31, E34, E57, E59, W9
hat- R14, R24, R29, C0, C1, C2, 0
trees- B39
snow- B0000, 0

2 comments:

Susi said...

Super cute! At first glance while scrolling down, I thought I'd be looking at a 'traditional' wintry scene, then that adorable puppy peeked out at me. Such a cute card design that made me smile!

Heidi Brawley said...

Super Adorable! !!! Love the winter scene you created too!💙💙💙hugs, Heidi and Brooke