Friday, July 7, 2017

Planted in my heart...

TGIF! 

I'm a big fan of the Tiny Townie Garden Girls and I have been hanging on to Poppy here ever since I got her because I knew that I wanted to color her up as my most favorite flower ever... the California Poppy. And there's no better time for California Poppies than summer time. It always cheers me up to see masses of these beautiful orange blooms dancing happily in the breeze so I tried to capture that just a bit in the scene I created for Poppy. I challenged myself to do her in no-line and I gotta say that it was kinda nerve wracking! I struggled with all those petals and keeping them looking separate from each other but am pretty happy with them in the end. And I'm going ahead and entering this card into the "free form" Bellarific Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Garden Girl Poppy), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento desert sand, Studio Calico doc brown
Papertrey Ink stitched scallop die
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E23, E25, E29
dress/flowers- Y08, Y35, Y38, YR04, YG21, YG03, YG93, YG95, YG23, YG17, W1, W2, E81, 0
grass/sky- YG00, YG21, YG03, YG25, YG17, YR04, BG000, BG10, BG70, BG72

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!!! This is so very Beautiful looking!!!! Fabulous work!!! YOu too have a Wonderful weekend!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Absolutely amazing. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Soooooo beautiful, Amy! Those colors... just, wow! The sweeping hills covered with poppies, and all her gorgeousness ... just can't get over how pretty this is. Love.

Dortesjs said...

so beautiful love this card.

Juls said...

Oooooh gorgeous.. love the scene u created xx

roseflowerbooks said...

Gah! Wow! The colors completely pop! If I didn't already own this stamp I'd have to go out and buy it immediately after seeing your coloring. Lol! You make me want to buy every stamp you color;)