Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Party like there is no tomorrow...

Hello crafty friends! 

It's Tuesday and that means I have another fun card that I made for 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store. This week I got my hot little hands on this super cute Prehistoric Pals stamp set from Sugar Pea Designs and I couldn't wait to create a scene with all the great character and scene building images that are included in the set. And to really give it that picture book look I decided to do some more no-line coloring. So I stamped everything in Desert Sand ink and did a bunch of masking, then settled in for some serious coloring time. There is something really special about watching a scene like this come to life under your markers. Sure, it may take a bit longer to sit and color an entire scene but I figure it's really just swapping time that I would spend picking papers, working a design layout and finding the right embellishments on any other card. ;)
Oh and don't forget that there is still time to enter this month's challenge over on the 7 Kids blog. Kelly has an awesome $50 gift certificate up for grabs and you could be the lucky winner!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
stamps- Sugar Pea Designs (Prehistoric Pals set), My Favorite Things (mirror image stamp)
ink- Memento desert sand and tuxedo black, Studio Calico buttercup
My Favorite Things diagonal stitched rectangle die
My Favorite Things radiating rays stencil
Copic markers:
dino 1- BG53, BG57, BG18
dino 2- Y04, Y19, Y26, E81
dino 3- R14, R27, E18, YR31, YR12
mountains/volcano- V20, V22, V28, Y18, Y38, R08, W1, W4, W6
pond- B0000, B00, B02
palm trees/grass- E53, E55, E31, E34, E35, E47, YG00, YG03, YG17, YG67

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

O M G!!!!!!!!!! This is Freaking ADORABLE!!!!!!! LOVE it!!! Totally reminds me of the cartoon a Land Before Time!!! This needs to be Framed!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Danni said...

This is so creative and fun!

Juls said...

Love this xx

Laura said...

So wonderfully colored. I would totally frame this for my grandson's bedroom. Love it!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh spotted this on FB too and utterly love this cute card! Such fabulous 'no lines' colouring and what a cute scene! Gorgeous creation and such a fun sentiment. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Tracey Ann said...

No way... no flippin' way!!! Never ever have I seen such darling dinosaurs! And, it's quite obvious you spent time creating this scene. So whimsical, colorful, and fun. I absolutely adore this! Your blog is AH-MAZING! 😀