Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A little cat hair...

Hi there!

Well I am back in my comfort zone today with this cool spider web paper that I got recently. It just might be my favorite print that has been released this year and I've been anxious to get it on a card. But I needed just the right image to pair with it, something elegant and a bit more mature... that is where Cat Hat comes in to play. She's another gorgeous digi from A Day for Daisies and I love how her kitty has snuggled up right in the middle of her billowing up-do. Cat Hat was looking so elegant that I even gave her some bling in the form of some jeweled earrings. I also dusted off an old Martha Stewart border punch to make some black paper lace so that I could enter this card into the current 'add black lace' challenge over at the ADFD blog
Before I go, I had to share this photo of my sweet Sully because it fit the theme of today's post so well. This is pretty much where he was for the better part of creating this card and he didn't even want to wake up and move when it came time for me to get a pic. Sigh... Cat Hat knows that once a kitty finds a comfy spot there is nothing to do but let them sleep, LOL!

Adios amigos!  :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Authentique (Moonlit)
digital stamp- A Day for Daisies (Cat Hat)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (Superstitious set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Tim Holtz Distress hickory smoke
Martha Stewart border punch
Kaiser Craft gems
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, BV20
lips- E04
eyeshadow- V25, V28, W3
hair- E97, YR27, E08, E18
cat/dress- C5, C7, C9

9 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is sooo very Beautiful! !!!! Love the coloring and your swee t kitty picture!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! I often wonder how many of my cards leave the house with a little cat hair attached as a free gift! Jo x

Kathy Straw said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Tracey Ann said...

Your blog is so awesome... Just love this, Amy! Her expression is clear... don't mess with my cat hair!! Lol... Thank you for posting this!

Cathy P said...

This is just gorgeous, Amy. I love the juxtaposition of the spider web paper with this image. Your coloring is fabulous and makes her look so elegant and refined. Thanks for playing along with our black lace challenge. Hope to see you again at A Day for Daisies! Cathy ADFD DT

Kathy S said...

OH WOW!! Amy, this is a stunner. I don't remember ever even seeing this image in the ADFD store - now I've got to go find her and color her myself. You've created such marvelous depth and the card is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this in our Black Lace challenge. Take care.

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Wow. AMAZING colouring job! Black is so hard to colour but you made the fabric look so classy and the cat look so furry! The skin is most amazing to me - what a great job with the shadows - right down to the eye make up! Stunning!

cass said...

Wonderful card, love the sentiment

Jen Leeflang said...

Your card is beautifully designed and your colouring fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at our ADD BLACK LACE challenge at the A Day for Daisies challenge blog. Please join us again soon.
Love
Jen L
ADFD DT