Friday, October 4, 2013

Wrapped in joy...

Hey there!

So did you enjoy this past week of new October stamp previews at CC Designs? Christmas stamps are always a personal favorite so I've been having a lot of fun playing with these new offerings and hopefully getting a head start on my list of of Christmas cards I need to make and send this year. :)

Today's card features the Santa's Coming Tonight stamp from Roberto's Rascals. I really dug in and spent the majority of my time coloring for this card. With that wonderful storytelling scene how could I not? I love how it looks like a scene right out of one of those holiday specials cartoons. Henry tried so hard to stay awake Christmas eve to catch even just a glimpse of Santa Claus, but as the hours wore on he couldn't keep his eyes open and only his furry friend witnessed the big arrival. I'm sure any disappointment Henry may feel upon waking will be assuaged when he spies the gifts piled under the tree. ;)
With all of that story happening I kept the rest of the card design super simple. Just a few strips of paper, a small spattering of enamel dots, a sentiment and it was done. And while I'm still not ready to see any snow fall, I've gotta say that making these cards has seriously got me thinking about turning on some Christmas tunes. It's still early so I'll try to resist for a few more weeks, LOL! 

Alrighty, off to work I go. Hope your Friday is fantastic!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (green trees), Making Memories (stripe)
stamps- Roberto's Rascals (Santa's Coming Tonight), Amy R (Joyful Greetings sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black and Prima shabby tote
Doodlebug Christmas Sprinkles
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E34
santa hair- W0, W1, W3, 0
eyes- E57, BG000
clothes- R24, R27, E19, E40, E41, 0, YG61, YG63, YG67, C0, C2, Y21, Y26
dog- T8, T10, YR31, YR24, E33, YR30
everything else- YG95, C1, Y19, R22, R17, E09, B0000, G000, E81, E84, E87, E89, R56, R59, YG00, YG03, Y21, Y26, Y13, E74, E77, E79, YR30, E39, E15, E37, BV20, YG21, YG67, G29, 0

10 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWWWWEV Your coloring is Amazing on this Awesome holiday card!!!!! We LOVE it!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

theCook said...

Wow that scene is amazing!

Julie D. Richards said...

Absolutely adorable. Roberto's rascals are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I just wish they came in digi form.

Crystal_235 said...

Love the card! Making me start thinking of christmas!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card - again. Thank you Amy, your cards are real eye candy and great inspiration! :)

Marianne said...

Wow, Amy, you really did work your magic colouring in this image.
Marianne x

Anne said...

Fabulous card Amy.
Anne x

Tress said...

So sweet! Another amazing card!

Julye said...

another great image and one to strike a cord with all of us who tried to stay awake to see santa thanks for sharing your fab card

gobeagirl said...

Amy, it saddens me to tell you this, but I think I shall have to stop coming to visit your blog. lmbo.... No, only kidding.... It's just that with every card you make I find myself wanting more and more. :O) I want them ALL! Oh man do I ever LOVE this card as well. That stamp is absolutely adorable and I love the coloring and highlighting that you have done on it. That little boy with his furry friend is so so sweet and I love his little letter/card in his shoes. :O) I swear I have been looking at your for at least 10 minutes now. There is so much to see, but as always you seem to instinctively know just how to add a touch and not make it look junky. I love the Sprinkles with your card as well. I swear I am totally hooked on them. All I want for Christmas is Enamel Dots and Sprinkles. I've been singing it for Jerry and the M&Ms and I think all they want is for me to shut up. lol... Hope your Saturday is going well. Mitchell had another friend stay over so they are playing video games and hanging out. Love having my kids and their friends around, They are all great teenagers and I love it. Hugs, Lisa