Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Birthday...

Hello friends!

I'm happy to be back with a card to share today. I really didn't anticipate this summer being as busy for me as it has turned out to be so I'm still working on finding a good balance. Sure, I'm working a lot more these days but if I'm honest that isn't the only thing that has been taking some of my crafty time and attention. Other fun distractions have presented themselves and I am letting myself enjoy those things guilt free. ;)
So while I may not have something to share every day, I'm not going anywhere... promise. I'm just out there living it up a little during these good ol' days of summertime. :)

Anywho, I did put together a little birthday card using Cupcake Cutie from My Favorite Things. This sweet stamp set had caught my eye back when it first released but I hemmed and hawed for quite a while before finally caving in and ordering her. Then once I had her Cupcake Cutie kinda got lost amongst the (ahem) clutter of my desk. So when I rediscovered her after a bit of much needed organizing I vowed to get her inked up right away. In fact everything about this card was a result of my desk cleaning. It always feels better to get those odds and ends onto a card rather than just stored away for who knows how long. 

Currently, with the exception of stamps, I'm trying to cut back on my crafty purchases until I can use up more of what I already have. Which is really easy to do at the moment because we are in that lull of not much new product coming out. The real test will come once summer CHA rolls around next month and all of the new papers and goodies are revealed for the second half of the year. Hopefully I can make a dent before then because I know how weak I am when it comes to new paper... I'll fold like a cheap suit. LOL

Alrighty, that's all I've got for this fine Friday.
Laters!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (Vintage Bliss)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Cupcake Cutie and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Prima old road
Prima butterfly
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E21, E33, E37
clothes- BG11, BG13, BG18, Y21, Y26, Y13, RV10, RV11, RV42, R35, YG00, YG93, YG95
shadows- W1, W3, W7, BG0000, 0

8 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Gorgeous!!! When I saw that stamp set I had to have it too. The dog is what sold me more!! That card is fitting for me this week since my Bday was the 26th. I got a laser jet printer from Brit so now I can print my digital stamps at home instead of doing it at work!! Well have a Wonderful Weekend doll! We are suppose to get to 113 degrees here. We are just gonna stay in!!!
hugs,Heidi & Brooke

Lau W said...

Oh so cuuute image, and love your card, so fresh and pretty !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

I am trying to resist this stamp but you aren't making it easy!! So very cute, especially combined with that gorgeous paper!

Juls said...

awhhhh I think its just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Julie D. Richards said...

Beautiful card, she is just so adorable. Gonna get hot here also, rumors from the weather man of 120°, yowsa, hot hot hot. Gotta clean my 83 year old parents house and shampoo their carpet. Not fun on a hot day but what can you do?

Isa said...

Very cute card ! I love it ;)

Rhonda Miller said...

Such a sweet card.

Tress said...

So adorable! Love the fussy cutting of the flower border!