Friday, June 14, 2013

Gold star...

TGIF my friends!

I'm currently in the middle of a seven day stretch at work so there is plenty keeping me busy at the moment. That's also why there was no new card yesterday, I didn't find any time to get crafty and I've finally gotten to a place where I can tell myself it's ok if I don't have a post every day. That doesn't mean I plan on letting this place collect a bit of dust like last summer but if, on occasion, I just don't get time to create I'm not going to stress out about it like I used to. :)

So this is the card that I started on Wednesday and I finally got it all finished up yesterday. I had a ball coloring up Simona, who is one of the three new mermaids released by Sister Stamps this month. Can you say adorable? I seriously love each of these little mermaids but I think it was Simona's exuberance and look of pure joy that got her on a card first. As for the papers, I raided my scrap bags until I had a random mix that was bright and fun enough to match Simona's energy. Those Doodlebug fish were a must as soon as I found them, I think it looks like they are following their mermaid friend to an under the sea party. ;)

Alrighty then, I'm outta here... but before I go, my pal Tress is celebrating her 1 year blogiversary and she has three blog candies to give away this weekend. So be sure to congratulate her on the milestone and get your name in the hat for some fun stamping goodies! 
 Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Kaiser Craft, Bo Bunny, Bella Blvd, Doodlebug
stamps- Sister Stamps (Simona), Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versamark, Colorbox creamy brown
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Timeless Twine
Doodlebug gems
Studio Calico vellum speech bubble
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y32, Y35, Y38
everything else- YG01, YG03, YG95, BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09, Y11, YR04, YR27

12 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is SUPER DUPER cute!!! love the paper you chose too. I have all 3 of those cuties too!! We hope you have an Awesome weekend!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Craftdee said...

Soooo cute! Love her tail colour, fab papers too :-) Donna

Jenny said...

Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for the shout out! Don't feel like you have to post something every day... It's supposed to be FUN!

Julie D. Richards said...

Love the colors you used on her. Beautiful card Amy.

Tress said...

This little mermaid looks so happy! And that sentiment is the perfect addition to this sweet card. Thanks for the shout out about my blogiversary. Hugs!

Billie A said...

Happy Happy card great image just you just want to smile about. Great card as always.

Chitra Nair said...

Such a sweet card.. Your coloring is always amazing...

JennyKozar said...

so sweet!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card.

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card ♥

Stephanie said...

Such a fun card! Your papers are so cute! And love your coloring!

mamawcindy said...

Your Card is just adorable! So colorful and cute! Thanks for sharing! Hope your having a good summer. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com