Tuesday, May 14, 2013

One big hug...

Hello, hello! 

I'm kinda on the go already today, so much to do and so little time, so this post will have to be a quick one.
I'm still on a roll playing with the new order of stamps that I got last week. Today my card features one of the newest additions to the Sister Stamps line-up... Li-Li. I couldn't resist her and that darling panda friend she's holding so close. And for whatever reason I knew that I wanted to color that panda purple. Don't ask me why... I guess I just thought at a purple panda would be a cute change up. So I hit my bag of purple scraps and came up with this soft color palette using a mix of old MME and some Glitz. As for embellishing the card, I found a fleece heart in my stash and I loved the soft texture for this snuggly pair but it was too large to really work with Li-Li and the rest of the layout design. I was about to give up and find something else when I thought "Duh!" cut that heart down into a bunch of smaller hearts with a die. And that is just what I did. :)

Alrighty, I'm off to do the whole make-up and hair routine. TTYL!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Tres Jolie), Glitz (purple)
stamps- Sister Stamps (Li-Li), Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Prima shabby tote
American Crafts fleece
Simon Says Stamp hearts die
Papertrey Ink doily die
Sakura stardust glitter pen and clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9
clothes- BG53, BG57, BG49, G28, YG61, YG63, YG67, E71, E74, E77
panda- V01, V12, V15, E40, E41, W00

12 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is sooooo Adorable!! The panda in purple is Awesome! I really liked their last release from Sister Stamps!! But their next release is even better!!! Mermaids!!! and I have 1 of them already!!! I won on a Facebook challenge!!! Have an AWESOME day doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is supercute! Love the purple panda.

Julie D. Richards said...

A purple land, who would of thought it? So adorable.

Julie D. Richards said...

I meant purple panda not land. Lol.

Jenny said...

So adorable!!! Love how your card came together- the color pallet is perfect!

Leanne said...

Awww, super kawaii Amy!! Love the idea of a different colored panda and the soft purple with the bold green and aquas are perfect.
Have a great day!
:D
xx

Danni said...

Oh my goodness! Total cuteness!! So adorable!

Sandra said...

So so cute !

Rhonda Miller said...

This is adorable.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is adorable.

Tress said...

What a fabulous idea to color the bear in purple! The use of tan is also unexpected and delightful on this card!

scrapn_momof2 said...

I love purple. Love the image as well.....so darling!!