Friday, March 22, 2013

Blooming good day...

Hey, hey, hey!

It took me a sec to realize it's Friday... working as much as I have been tends to make the days start to blur together. Still, I hope the weekend is nice so I have some sunshine to look forward to once 5pm hits. :)

Today's card is all about having a reason to play with some of the new papers and embellishments that I got on my shopping trip Monday. That little floral print is so pretty to me and I couldn't wait to cut into it. So I inked up a spring looking Pure Innocence and got busy. I know it's the second day in a row using images with a watering can but she does have an entire flower garden to tend to. ;)
And see those acrylic butterflies? I really wanted to use them on this card but at first I was a bit stumped as to how to adhere them without the glue showing. Then I spotted my tiny attacher and had that 'aha!' moment. Those tiny staples make for fun looking butterfly bodies if you ask me.

And with that I shall wrap up this post and wish you a fantabulous Friday. 
Stay classy San Diego!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Hey Girl)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Basic Grey die cut and acrylic butterflies
The Twinery twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- E50, E81, 0, YG00, YG01, YG95, Y11, RV63, RV66, RV69, R05, R08, E09, YR04, YR27, BG11, BG13, BG18

9 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Very Beautiful!!! what adorable butterflies and such fun paper too!
We wish you a Fabulous weekend and plenty of sunshine too!
hugs, Heidi &n Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

So pretty. I love that floral print, and attaching the butterflies that way was genius. Happy Friday to you girlfriend. Hugs, Julie.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet Amy, I love all the beautiful colors and pretty flowers and her paper pieced dress and the twine :P ... yes you got it I think he he I LOVE IT xxxx

Chitra Nair said...

Such a pretty card. Love the papers..

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Billie A said...

Sweet love PI images, great paper piecing. Super cute card.

Sonia said...

Hi my dear^_^
What a gorgeous image on this wonderful card^_^
Happy weekend^_^
Sonia

Juls said...

gorgeous card!!! Love the little ribbons of DP's .... Love that Idea it will be a great way of using up my scraps, which is my current mission!! Hugs Juls

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Love the file folder behind her and your use of staples for the butterfly bodies!