Saturday, February 2, 2013

The best day ever...

Hello there!

So I got an order the other day that included some new Collectable papers by My Mind's Eye and as soon as I laid eyes on the Remarkable range I knew I had to make a boy card with it. And since I planned on coloring up an Ian stamp from The Greeting Farm I hopped on over to the TGF blog to see what the new Farm Fresh Friday challenge was and if it would work with my plan. At first I was a bit disappointed when I saw that it is lace and ribbon... more of a girly look than what I wanted to do. But then I remembered this great piece of twill ribbon that I've had that would definitely keep with the more masculine theme and still allow me to play along with the challenge. It already had these metal grommets in it and I went ahead and added some enamel dots to them for little pops of color on the twill. Oh, and I toned down the white letter stickers a bit by coloring them with my E40 marker, which helped the 'wishing you' to match better with the papers. 
As for Mr. Ian, I did a head swap because I wanted to get Sitting Casual Ian standing up. So I grabbed oldie but goodie Dress Me Ian and found the perfect outfit too. A little snip snip of the scissors and Casual Ian had a brand new body to show off. I know I bring it up every time that I use the old Dress Me set but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that someday we will get an updated Dress Me set with open eyed Anya and Ian and brand new outfits to add to their wardrobe. A girl can dream any way. ;)

Ok, it's time for me to get ready for work.
Later gators! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Collectable)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Sitting Casual Ian and Dress Me Ian)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
twill ribbon
Basic Grey alpha stickers
My Favorite Things star trio die
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, YR31, E33, YR24
clothes- B37, B39, BV29, YG25, G07, G28, E30, E31, E34, E35, R05, E09, E18

8 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable!! I struggle making cards for little boys. This is perfectly done. Love the bright colors and the embellishments are perfect. I tend to want to add bling...boy card or not. ;)

Julie D. Richards said...

Perfect boy card. Love how you dressed up the grommets.
P.S. thank you for commenting on my blog Amy.

gobeagirl said...

Amy little Ian looks smashing with is new duds on. :O) I really love how you have used your twill ribbon and made it look perfect for a rough and tumble boy to have on his card. Your card does however really make me think of loads of sunshine and enjoying a great day out in it. Too cute my friend. We have a ton of sun once again today, so I am hopeing that it gets in the high 40s again today as yesterday I didn't even get outside until well after 5pm last night. lol... When we went for our family test drive it was after 6pm and without any of that sunshine it was down right COLD! Hope you have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg!!! This came out sooo Awesome! !!! Love it all! That twill is soo perfect with it all. Have awesome day¡!
Hugs,, Heidi and Brooke

Nancy Thomas said...

What a fun boy card! Love all your details. And I'm so jealous of your new MME!!

Leanne said...

Cute!!! This is a perfect little boy card Amy. The colors are nice and bright and that piece of twill looks great with the accessories. Brilliant!

Rachel Parys said...

What a great boy card!! Love the happy colors! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

Lindsay said...

I love this card. Its so striking.