Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Let your heart be light

Hello, hello!

Thanks guys, I'm feeling much better already. My energy is back and I'm glad I only lost a day. By yesterday evening I was happy to do a bit of stamping and this card was the result of that time well spent. :)

I'm playing in another TGF challenge, this one is the Farm Fresh Friday Christmas or Winter themed cards. Since the theme was pretty wide open I had a hard time settling on a stamp. In the end I couldn't resist Fuzzy Wuzzy Oliver's fantastic hat though I did swap WS Edward's sweet face in there. I don't use the chisel ends of my Copics much but I did put it to work creating that plaid pattern on his hat and I'm pretty happy with how that turned out. 
The papers are a bit random but I think the little bit of grey adds a different touch to the usual red and green combo. And the chipboard banners are a cute way of showing what this Christmas cutie may be asking Santa for this year. ;)

Ok folks, it's back to work I go. Don't forget to do something special at 12:12pm today... 12:12, December (12), 12th, 2012... pretty cool huh?!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Crate (stripe/map), October Afternoon (stars), Jillibean Soup (grey dot)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Fuzzy Wuzzy Oliver and WS Edward), Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Prima old road
October Afternoon chipboard banners
Divine Twine
Studio Calico wood veneer heart
Deco Edge scissors
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
clothes- R24, R29, E19, W3, W5, W7, W10, E81, W00, E84, 0, YG21, YG23, YG95, E87, E89

15 comments:

Mette said...

Super card Amy. Love his cute hat and expression, you know how to swap faces/bodies to perfection (btw. can I have Megan Fox's body for christmas lol).
Just fab sweetie. Hugs, Mette

Tina said...

super cute card amy

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I think Oliver/Edward looks just adorable! I love how you have made the pattern for his hat. He looks like he good to go. :O) I love the grays in the card as well. I think for a boy Christmas card it works so so well. I by chance to are swapping bodies this year for Christmas I am thinking along the lines of the gal on Modern Family that is Latin. Jerry says her name is Sophie something, but you get the idea. lmbo.... Anyway, I am very happy to read that you are feeling better. That flu is wicked this year, so happy to hear you only had one day down. Take care and stay warm. Hugs, Lisa

Dangina Martinez said...

Glad your feeling better. Your card is such a sweet one. He reminds me of my boy. Can't get his hat off him most days or my daughter for that matter, lol.
Hugs, Dangina

Nancy Thomas said...

Super card card Amy - I love his hat especially. Glad you are feeling better. If you are like me, you simply don't have time to be sick!

Tress said...

Happy to read you are feeling better! And this card is a cutie. Kudos on the marvelous job you did coloring Oliver's hat! Very creative!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I Love this card too!!!! Love how you put Edwards face on Oliver's body. The plaid hat is pretty Awesome too!!! My sister in laws bday is today!!! so she gets to have the cool bday of 12/12/12!!! My hubby's bday is tomorrow!!! Next year he gets a Friday the 13th Bday!!! Says he wants a party for that bday!yikes!!!

Have an Awesome day doll!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Lau W said...

Oh so lovely card, so lovely image !
Happy to see you're better !
xxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!! Glad you're feeling better too.

Julie D. Richards said...

So glad you weren't down more than a day. Love this guy. His hat turned out perfect and the grey scarf really fits. I have got to start looking at my images more like you do.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Happy holidays.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Amy! This little fuzzy Edward/Oliver is adorable and I love the plaid hat you gave him. The touch of grey on card is just lovely!

Unknown said...

Glad you feel better. Your card is adorable.

Cattiegirl said...

Cute card - love the banners!

:-)
Hugs
//Cattie

Leanne said...

Awww awedorable Amy!! He's so cute and love his outfit. At 12:12 on 12/12/12 I was at the Happiest place on Earth with two of my favotite peeps.

RiNNE said...

Oh wow, Amy! The randomness of the papers provided a wonderful mix of colors and patterns!! His hat looks great!!! Love it!