Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sister Stamps release day!

Olo!

You didn't think I was done just because the blog hops are over, did you? ;)
Of course not! It's release day for the three new Sister Stamps birthday cuties; Mariko, Takeo and Miyoko and they can be found at a number of online stamp retailers, including All That Scraps.

So I couldn't resist inking up little Miyoko again and this time I paired her up with some fun Cakewalk papers by October Afternoon. I love how those crazy party animals in the background look like they are all super excited. Whether they are excited about the party games or getting their paws on one of Miyoko's delish cupcakes remains to be seen. I suspect it is a bit of both though. :)
As always, I pulled my Copic colors from the papers I wanted to use. I know last month I was coloring up images away from home without any reference and I have definitely come to the realization that I work much, much better when I have a color story to match to and guide me. That's just how I roll, LOL!

Alrighty, thanks again for stopping by for the celebration this week. And even though the Sister Stamps release is a wrap, tomorrow we are jumping right into a Sweet November spotlight to kick off even more new release fun!
I hope I see you back then! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Cakewalk)
stamp- Sister Stamps (Miyoko)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79
clothes- R21, R22, R24, G000, G00, BG34, YG21, YG25, Y11, Y21, Y35, R59, W00

18 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is so sweet! I love the beautiful image :)

Hlora said...

wow!! very nice surprise card)) Love the Japanese girl again))

Cindy H. said...

Oh, this is just adorable!

Lau W said...

So lovely card Amy, superb !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

What a sweet image and looks perfect with the dp. Glad you are able to squeeze in some coloring and cardmaking.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable! I love the little animals with her. I am also very happy to know that these stamps can be purchased at ATS. I never knew that. lol... I really really love the October Afternoon papers as well. Very cute! Can you believe I don't have a single sheet of October afternoon paper in my stash? I always love what everyone makes with them, but I have never purchased any. Go figure.. lol..Hope everything is getting better for your Mom. Have a great Sunday. Hugs, Lisa

Rhonda Miller said...

Sooo cute. I love the sweet image.

Lissa said...

I LOVE all these birthday cards! They're SO adorable! Your coloring as always is just fabulous!

How's your Mom doing? Just thinking of you and thought I would stop by. :)

HUGS!
~Lissa
http://www.scrappynites.com

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohhhhh this is Super freakn cute. love paper you used and this is my Fave stamp from the release. I don't own any of these gals but looks like I might have to now. My BFF would love to own one too. Gotta shop now. lol oh darn right?! love all the pearls on here too. hope all is going well.
hugs, Heidi

Loz said...

love it!! she's gorgeous!! Do you decorate the inside too? x

Marzenciuk said...

These stamps are so cute :) I love it.

Unknown said...

Simply sweet and adorable!

Leanne said...

Awww, this is adorable Amy! Love the fun scene you created and your coloring is gorgeous! It was awesome to be a part of this hop with you. You are always inspiring and as Jenny mentioned you are a Copic goddess.
Say hello and big squeezes to you and your mom!
*:)

Marianne said...

Sooo cute!

Mimi said...

Adorable card Amy! Love all the cards you made with the new release! How did you find time to make them all? Hope your mom is feeling better, and getting some rest yourself! Take care! ;D

Lindsay said...

That is such an adorable image.... and the way you've coloured it is beautiful... tfs.

Cami said...

You have done it again, Amy! What an adorable card featuring Miyoko, colored so beautifully...love her hair and kimono (and the dots!). That DP is just too perfect to celebrate Sister Stamps 1st Birthday!

P.S.
Sorry was MIS...was on the Big Island for a week and just got back! Going to see your other wonderful creations!

RiNNE said...

Miyoko is so beautiful, Amy! I love her hair especially! Your adorable scene is just perfect!