Saturday, January 14, 2012

She's a real wild one...

Hello again!

I'm back with another brand new rubber stamp preview from Tickled Pink! We are super excited to be kicking off the year with some fresh, new images that are different and fun! This time the Lolitas and Lads have traveled back in time to the era of the Greek Gods and Goddesses and these images designed by Christina Dee are absolutely amazing. I promise that you are going to love all six of the previews leading up to the release on January 20th (Jan. 19th for those of us in the States).

Today Lylah is taking on the role of the Goddess Artemis.
She's the goddess of hunting, wilderness and wild animals. She was also a goddess of childbirth, and the protectress of girl children. Not only that but she was also the twin sister of Apollo, and where he is associated with the sun, Artemis has the moon... I always loved the yin and yang of that. :)
That is why I kept the circle framing her and the stag... kinda going for a subtle full moon effect back there. The rest of the card design also includes some tree trunks and leaves for Artemis' wilderness home. And while I like her paired with a motivational sentiment, next time I color her up I think I'll fussy cut the deer away and use her for a fun Valentine... gotta love that extra stamp versatility.


Now, as always it wouldn't be a Tickled Pink Stamps preview without a prize, so head on over to the Tickled Pink blog and leave a comment on today's post for a chance at winning your very own Lylah Artemis digi stamp! And while you are there be sure to check out the beautiful cards that my fellow Pink Ladies have created too!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Fancy Pants (blue), We R Memorykeepers (brown trees), Authentique (cream floral)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita Goddess Artemis Lylah), My Little Paper Shop (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
Papertrey Ink twine
Prima stitched leaves
Basic Grey kissing booth wood button
Kaiser Craft gems
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79, W8
eyes- BV23, BV25, BV29
clothes- G24, G28, G29, E81, 0, E57, E29, C0, C2, C4, E33, E49
deer- E30, E31, E34, E35, E81, 0, E47, E49, W5, W7, W9, R01, R02

14 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW Amy this is absolutely amazing, your colouring is always mind blowing! xo

Renkata said...

Amy,
love the story of your post, well done.
The image is fab and you have coloured her so beautifly.

RiNNE said...

Fabulous card!! What a strong woman she is! Your coloring is wonderful and I love this card's simplicity!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty, love when you have your stories on your cards.....it makes it so special....

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Amy, and what an interesting post! Jo x

Larisa said...

Đ¢his is absolutely amazing Amy !!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card ♥♥♥

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the subtle imagery in the background - beautiful coloring and card.

Leanne said...

Cool card Amy! I love the colors u chose for her and the outdoorsy feel to the card. And thank you for the Greek lesson!
Have a nice day!
;)

Mary M. said...

Gorgeous coloring. Your layout showcases the image beautifully.

Helene said...

I love this card! It's simple and the colors are beautiful!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card and that sentiment is great. TFS.

gobeagirl said...

Amy I love this card! I love to read your stories behind each god. I never knew she was a hunter and a goddess of childbirth. I think she is my new favorite goddess as I have always hunted with my Dad and well we all know that having my children is the Most Important thing I have ever done. heehee. I am weird but I am ok with that. lol... Anyway this card is spectacular and I just love the saying as well. Great coloring as always. Hugs

Hanneke said...

Wow, stunning! Love that image and your coloring and that sentiment. Hugs, Hanneke