Monday, November 7, 2011

Merry Christmas sweetie

Good morning...

I'm still far from feeling 100% but I can't hit a world pause button until I feel better, so it is back to work for me today. Thankfully I got in a nice and restful day yesterday that helped a lot. And the bonus was... waking up at 9:30am only to realize that the 'fall back' time change had occurred during the night and it was only 8:30am, woot woot! That really helped me feel like I didn't entirely sleep the day away while trying to beat this cold. :)

By the time afternoon rolled around, I was even feeling well enough to play in the crafty room for a bit. And since I had just gotten my order of new November stamps from TGF this was the perfect time to get a little inky. I couldn't remember the last time I had colored up an Anya, which is such a shame as she was my very first stampy love, so Holiday Anya had to get on a card. She is such a lovely addition to the Anya line and was super quick to color up, which was great!
I still had the Merry Little Christmas 6x6 pad on my desk and I thought the red and pink combo fit this Anya to a 'T'... kinda girly and Christmas-y all at the same time. Then I just played around with a couple different border punches and a Martha Stewart holly punch to finish off the rest of the card. Nothing new or earth-shattering about this but I love how it came together. :)

Alrighty, time to pop a DayQuil and get a move on.
Toodles!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Merry Little Christmas)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Holiday Anya)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Martha Stewart Holly punch
Fiskars border punch
EK Success border punch
Kaiser Craft pearls
Creative Cafe rub on stitches
Doodlebug white flock
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53
clothes/holly- R35, R37, E19, YG03, YG17, YG67

34 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card ♥♥♥

Liliya said...

She's adorable!!! They should put your card in the store, so that more people buy the stamp!

CLaire said...

She is lovely and love the backing papers...
Claire

chrilvian said...

ooo she is such a pretty girl
i bought her too...she is on her way from america to holland

AtStudioD said...

I just got the same holly punch last week and used it on a future card!! [great minds].... Thanks so much for sharing your awesome cards with us.

x0, Damaris

RiNNE said...

She's beautiful!!! Love the punch you used!! And the sketch is wonderful too!! Her skirt detail is lovely as well! Glad you're feeling much better!!!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card..

Cindy H. said...

So adorable!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy I love how you have color Anya. She looks beautiful with your awesome papers. I think your whole card is just wonderful. I have to say it is by far one of my favorites. I am glad you are feeling a little better. Would you believe I went to bed last night at 7pm. I am getting better than I was, but still not myself. Had to take Madie to buy clothes yesterday afternoon and I think that took my steam out of me. lol.... Hope you have a great day at work. Don't forget to bring your DayQuils with you. Hugs, Lisa

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh wow Holiday Anya is just adorable... love all those chrismasy papers and the color/combo is just perfect....
She's very pretty....
Love it Amy.....

Tress said...

Amy, this card is too cute! Absolutely love the way it came together. Try not to get too tuckered out at work today. Hugs!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

She is stunning! Your coloring is always so amazing! I love every detail to your Christmas card :)
I hope you are doing well and feeling better!
hugs, margie

Jacilynn said...

what a sweetie! I love these papers. super cuteness

Hlora said...

Очень яркая красивая открытка! Потрясающая бумага!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

She's adorable. What a pretty card.

Arabella said...

This is so sweet Amy! I hope you feel better soon!

Arabella

Crafty Loops said...

Wow, stunning card Amy. Lee x

Joy said...

she is so cute! was debating on getting her, but I didn't. you did a fabulous job on this card. love the DP too. have a good week!

Isa said...

Ohhh !! So nice !! :)

cardmaking bird said...

Gorgeous!!! I love Holiday Anya! Hugs, Marie x

Cami said...

One would never know you are under the weather Amy! Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Love the soft color of her blonde hair, the DPs, your holly leaves and berries. She's adorable, and you've colored her beautifully! Get some rest and I do hope you feel 100% soon!

Sara I. said...

Absolutely precious image!! Love the design and papers! xx

Hanneke said...

Great card! Hope you will be better soon! Hugs, Hanneke

Loz said...

it's gorgeous! i'm always in awe as to how perfect your papers always took together! i need one of those holly punches too, love it x (oh, feel better soon xx)

Juls said...

Hi Amy

Yet again I find myself playing catchup!! I have enjoyed checking out the creations I have missed on your blog.

Love this, love the rounded corners and the way you have created the holly!

Hugs Juls

Brandi said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better ~ your card is adorable ~ love all the lovely layers and the holly. :)

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is Gorgeous!!!! love this card and this Awesome new Anya. Glad you are starting to feel better.
Hugs, Heidi

Nancy Thomas said...

Another beautiful card from you - love all those happy and bright Christmas colors. Beautifully done.

Leanne said...

LOVE this Amy! So soft and pretty. I love how you did the holly branches. Gorgeous!

chrilvian said...

wooohooo she is in my home, hihiihhihi

♥Rach♥ said...

Gosh I NEED her!!! Totally beautiful, love the papers and how you've colored her up so soft and fab. Great traditional card!

Kim Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Davis said...

What kind of adhesive did you use with the white Doodlebug flock? It looks so nice and fliffy! Very pretty card! Do you ever sell kits with the die cuts and papers so we can make our own like yours and try our hand at coloring itlike yours too?

Kim Davis said...

(fluffy not fliffy!)