Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bee mine

Hello, hello!

Well, it is grey and gloomy here but as long as we don't get any snow I can handle it. Besides, I can always just create my own little bit of sunshine to lift the spirits with a bright and cheery card. ;)

I figured that since I used the Pure Innocence Ladybug for a Valentine last week, I had to pull out Honey Bee and do the same with her this week. I did alter her a bit by wiping away the bucket in her hand and replacing it with a large heart that I drew in. Even with that change she was still quick to color up... love that about the PI images.. and I lucked into finding these kinda odd colored Valentine's papers in my stash that worked perfectly with her little bee costume. It's funny how that happens... I get one of those coordinating paper stacks and nine times out of ten it is the least likely of papers that get pulled for a project first while my obvious initial faves sit and wait. :)

Alrighty... I've got to go do the ol' hair and make-up thing... ttyl!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- K&Co (Ka-Zoo)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence Honey Bee and sentiment), Maya Road (Create-a-ticket)
ruffle ribbon
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sticko epoxy hearts (from Rach)
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E53, E55, E57
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y26, E44, E47, E49, R05, R08, E07, BG000, 0

16 comments:

Ninja Mum said...

This card is so beautiful! What a sweet little bee!
Custom Patches

Juls said...

so adorable!! Love the little rooshed ribbon! Hugs Juls

Larisa said...

So bright and beautiful))) Great image!

Tress said...

My favorite of your Valentine cards so far! She is sooo cute and the papers are perfect! I am envious of the person who'll receive this treat for Valentine's Day. :-)

Beatriz Rubio De Kimmel said...

Cute bee! love this card Amy! those colors are so beautiful together.
TFS
-BK

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh how cute. I just love the stamp. TFS.

Mimi said...

Super cute Amy! Those PI images are darling and the colors are beautiful! Just love how you find the perfect paper in your "stash"! Have a great weekend! ;)

Unknown said...

I love the layers on this honey bee card and it's soooo cute! Great job!

Brenna said...

I love the paper you chose!! The colours are soo cute together!
Brenna
rbanderson@live.ca

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so cute, Amy! Love the bold happy colors, the pure Innocence girl is so adorable! Have a beautiful weekend!

donna mikasa said...

Bee-licious! So clever to give her a heart to tote, and I just loooove that color combo! Pure Innocence always makes me smile....

Alice said...

too cute! this makes me happy! sweet sweet card, Amy!

Renkata said...

your card Amy give me such a smile. So cute!

Tasha said...

Such a cute and happy card, love your altering and the funky dp
love tasha xx

Rosa Forino said...

adoro questo bimbo coccinella e i colori un saluto rosa.kreattiva

RiNNE said...

What a wonderful card -- love the yellow and red together..and of course, that bee!! ;)